What's this got to do with church?
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity 1 Timothy 4: 12
Throughout the Bible we read stories where a child or young person has been God's message bearer, or a challenge the religious leaders of the day: Miriam, Joseph, Samuel, David, Naaman's servant girl, Josiah, John Mark, Timothy. If we don't listen to the younger generations, we may miss what God is trying to say.
The Church needs to take notice of what children and young people have to say because:
- they are fellow members of the church today
- they offer us a different perspective and fresh ideas
- generations listening to each other brings the possibility of shaping the church's future together
- it helps all to feel valued for who they are and what they bring
- they have great ideas which will challenge and change us
- it enables them to have a greater sense of ownership and belonging